- A total of 4,85,000 students will appear for the examinations of 3936 different courses offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
- The examinations will be starting from 1 June.
- IGNOU has established 850 examination centres across the country.
- The Varsity has set up 32 overseas centres for 2782 students and
- 87 centres in the jails for 6154 jail inmates.
Some of the overseas centres include Kathmandu, Ethiopia, Kuwait, Qatar, Jeddah and Oman.
IGNOU Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates are recognized by all member universities of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and are at par with Degrees/Diplomas/ Certificates of all Indian Universities/ Institutions, as per
- UGC Circular letter No. F.1-52/2000(CPP-II) dated 5th May, 2004,
- AIU Circular No. EV/11(449/94/176915-177115 dated January 14, 1994,
- AICTE Circular No. AICTE/Academic/ MOU-DEC/ 2005 dated May 13, 2005 and
- UGC/DEB/2013 dated 14.10.2013.