Kendrapara Autonomous College, Kendrapara

By
About  Kendrapara Autonomous College, Kendrapara

Kendrapara  Autonomous college

Kenrdrapara, on of the districts of Orissa, known as Tulasikhetra is sanctified by the presence of Lord Sri Baladevjew the elder brother of Lord Jagannath, it maintains a rich cultural heritage ad spiritual tradition. In the field of politics it has played a pivotal role both in state and national sphere. In spite of its large area and vast population it had no institution of higher learning until 1958. by the sincere efforts of some enthusiastic noble souls of this area the long cherished dream of the people blossomed into reality by the establishment of this college on 12th February 1959.
     Late Dinabandhu Sahoo and Late Nimain Charan Das did the spadework of the college. Late Dr. Saroj Kanta Kanungo, Late Mohammad Faxil Robi, Late Prahallad Mallick and Late Bhabagrahi Mishra played active roles in giving a real shape to the concept of a college in kendrapara. Sri Satchidananda Mohanty, Sri Bhagabat Prasad Mohanty, Sri Bed Prakash Agarwalla, Late Nayan Kishore Mohanty, Late Golakh Prasad Das, Late Basant Kumar Sahoo and many others worked hard for the growth of the college. Kendrapara college grew as a sister institution of the Govt. Engineering School which was functioning then as and institution for technical education.
     The foundation stone of the college was laid on 12th February 1959 by Late Dr. Harekrushna Mahatab, then the Chief Minister of Orissa. On one end Kendrapara town stands the glorious  temple of Lord Sri Baladevjew while on the other stands this temple of learning at the outskirts of the town. The School of Engineering, under the circumstances prevailing then, had to be closed down and the building of the School were handed over, one by one to the Kendrapara College.
     This marked the beginning of the real growth of this college and since then the development of this institution has been phenomenal over the years. It started functioning with 75 students on its rolls and there were just 4 teachers on its staff at the initial stage. Today, in the 53rd year of its existence there are 3630 students, 105 teachers and 62 non-teaching members of the staff. The college extends over an area of 52 acres. The institution has expanded in all possible directions providing teaching facility in Arts, Commerce, Science up to the degree level with honours in 22 subjects. There is also teaching facility in the vocational streams upto +2 level. Now it is the largest non- Government college in the state. The college could achieve such a unique status owing to the able guidance and pioneering work of it's founder President, Late Dinabandhu Sahoo. Also, Late N.C. Das, after his retirement from Central Government services devoted himself to the development of the college. Late Bhabagrahi Mishra succeeded him as the Secretary and streamlined the different areas of its functioning. Subsequently, Sri Satchidananda Mohanty took over as the Secretary and dis all his best for the College. Dr. Benudhar Pradhan as its first Principal, reared up the baby institution with all sincerity.
     The establishment of Kendrapara College haws not only added new dimensions to the aspirations of the people of the area but its has also facilitated the spread of education to every corner of the districts and beyond this districts too. It imparts a high standards of teaching to the young men and women drawn from this districts and other districts of the state as well. Academic excellence is the motto of a galaxy of highly qualified and experienced teachers of the college. At present there are two hostels giving accommodation to the boys and girls coming from distant places. The Mens Hostels has been named after Late N.C. Das, the former Secretary of the college. The womens hostel which started functioning in four staff quarters, has expanded by the addition of two new blocks accommodating 240 women students. The Library of the college has been named after Late Dinabandu Sahoo and it contains nearly 58351 books in the general section covering all the subjects. Apart from this it has 10000 books in the Book Bank, 1045 books in the reference section. It also subscribes to the leading journals and magazines to cater to the needs students, teachers and researchers. The Statue of Dinabandhu Sahoo was installed in 1984 to perpetuate his memory and his contribution to this college. The statues of Utkalmani Gopabandhu Das and Utkal Gourab Madhusudan Das, great architects of Modern Orissa, stand in front of the main Building.

THE PRINCIPAL Prof. Chittaranjan Das - Principal
Contact Number: :06727 220215

First Appellate Authority (FAA):
Prof. Prafulla Kumar Mishra
Contact Number:06727 22021

Public Information Officer (PIO):
Mr. Ramesh Kumar Jena - Reader & HOD Commerce
Mr. Guru Prasad Mohanty - Sr. Lect. In Pol. Sc.
Contact Number:06727 220215

Asst. Public Information Officer (APIO):
Mr Sukadev Sahoo - Sr. Clerk
Contact Number:06727 220215


Post a Comment

Read Some of these Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...